Master of Engineering in Computer Science
August 2018 - December 2019, Ithaca
Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science (Intelligent Systems Track)
magna cum laude
September 2016 - May 2018, New York
- Dean's List, School of General Studies (Spring 2017, Spring 2018)
- Membership in the Honor Society of the School of General Studies (Fall 2017)
- Surdna Scholarship, School of General Studies (2017 - 2018)
- New Student Scholarship, School of General Studies (2016 - 2017)
Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Computer Science (Data Science Stream)
First Class Honours
September 2013 - July 2018, Hong Kong
- Dean's Scholarships, College of Science and Engineering (Year 2017/18)
- Dean's List, College of Science and Engineering (Fall 2013, Fall 2014, Spring 2015, Fall 2015, Spring 2016)
- The Department of Computer Science Outstanding Student Scholarships (Year 2018/19)
- CityU Mainland Student Scholarship Scheme - Full Tuition Scholarship (2013 - 2016)
- Chow Sang Sang Group Entrance Scholarships for CityU-Columbia U Joint Bachelor's Degree Program (2016 - 2017)
High School Diploma
September 2010 - June 2013, Shanghai
Post Delivery Experience, Hardlines Customer Experience
June 2019 - August 2019, Seattle
- Relaunched Ship-to-Store program on automotive batteries in the US by enhancing customer experience.
- Reduced the development time spent on the expansion of Ship-to-Store program to new marketplace or products from 3 weeks to 1 hour.
- Went through Amazon's entire code release process with thousands of lines of code changes pushed into production.
Industrial Placement Trainee
Production Support Team, Derivatives Clearing and Services, Global Banking and Markets
June 2015 - April 2016, Hong Kong
- Provided technical support on trading issues to internal and external clients trading derivatives.
- Developed computer programs in Java, Perl and shell scripts to improve working efficiency and decrease the risks of operational mistakes for Production Support Team.
- Worked in the student project - Online Financial Product Selection Tool.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
CS 1110 Introduction to Computing Using Python, Fall 2019
CS 1110 Introduction to Computing Using Python, Spring 2019
January 2019 - December 2019, Ithaca
- Led weekly lab sections and office hours to help students work on labs and assignments.
- Created rubrics for exams, helped proctoring exams, and graded assignments and exams timely and fairly.
- Helped managed the course with 419 students enrolled in Spring 2019 and 722 enrolled in Fall 2019.
Selected as a recipient of the Cornell CS M.Eng TA Awards in Spring 2019.
March 2019 - May 2019, Ithaca
A responsive, user preference-based book recommendation system built on Flask, PostgreSQL and Heroku.
A class project for CS 4300 Language and Information, Spring 2019 at Cornell University.
- Processed data of books and book reviews by doing boolean search, similarity comparison, topic modeling and deduplication.
- Set up the whole website, implemented the back-end logic and polished the user interface.
February 2018 - April 2018, New York
A responsive course and professor rating system for Columbia community built on Flask, PostgreSQL, CircleCI and Heroku.
A class project for COMS W4156 Advanced Software Engineering, Spring 2018 at Columbia University.
- Implemented the back-end logic in Python using various software engineering practice, including Agile software development approach, object-oriented design, continuous integration and continuous delivery, providing RESTful APIs, etc.
- Set up the framework of the system, managed the progress of the whole team, and integrated the back-end code and UI layouts.
Award: First Prize of the Demo Day at J.P. Morgan
January 2018 - May 2018, New York
A programming language for efficient manipulation of images implemented in OCaml.
This is a class project for COMS W4115 Programming Languages and Translators, Spring 2018 at Columbia University.
- Implemented scanner, parser, abstract syntax tree in OCaml and some standard library functions in Pixel++ syntax.
- Designed testing plans and strategies, wrote shell scripts and C++ verification programs for testing, and did documentation work.
Team CityUytiC, Samsung Solve for Tomorrow 2015 Application Development Competition, Samsung Electronics H.K. Company, Ltd.
September 2015 - October 2015, Hong Kong
An Android game which aimed to train the ability of concentration of children with special educational needs (especially with ADHD).
- Implemented the back-end logic of the game (scoring system, animations and data transmission on networks) in Java and the server-side reporting system in PHP, Bootstrap and MySQL.
- Integrated the back-end Java code and user interface layouts, and tested the final product.
Award: Second Runner-Up at Samsung Solve for Tomorrow 2015 Application Development Competition
Official Promotion Video: https://youtu.be/Y4kvIFqm15A (Cantonese)
Smarter Class Schedule
September 2015 - December 2015, Hong Kong
A Java-based GUI tool which helped students arrange their class schedules automatically.
A class project for CS3343 Software Engineering Practice, 2015/16 Semester A at City University of Hong Kong.
- Implemented the first version of the program which included more than 30 Java classes, several external libraries and various algorithms.
- Coordinated with the team to debug, refactor and optimize the program, and presented the final product.
Chinese Students and Scholars Association of City University of Hong Kong Undergraduate (CSSAUG)
Technology Secretary of the 9th Executive Committee
October 2013 - September 2014, Hong Kong
- Organized activities (e.g. Singing Contest, Carnival and Orientation Camp) for all Mainland Chinese undergraduate students.
- Provided technical support in different student activities.
- Created and managed official website and WeChat public account using PHP and MySQL.
- Samsung Solve for Tomorrow 2015 Application Development Competition, Second Runner-Up
- The 2015 ACM-ICPC Asia Shanghai Regional Contest, Honorable Mention
- ACM Hong Kong Collegiate Programming Contest 2015, Honorable Mention
- Junior Group of CityU CS-EE Programming Contest 2014, Second Place
- CityU-CS Robocode Contest 2014 (Common 1st-Year), Honorable Mention.
- Frameworks and tools: Flask, Django, JavaServer Pages, jQuery, OpenCV; Vim, Oracle, SQL Server, Android Studio, Xcode
- Shanghainese: Native
- Mandarin Chinese: Native
- Cantonese: Bilingual proficient
- English: Professional working proficient
- Japanese: Elementary proficiency